The Procurement Department supports an open, competitive process by fostering integrity and equity while seeking diversity to procure goods and services with efficiency and effectiveness at the best value.
The Procurement Department serves and supports the educational mission of the school system by promoting integrity, collaboration and transparency through exceptional customer service.
- Provide purchasing support to school system programs
- Publish catalogues listing descriptions, prices, and vendors so schools and offices may make requisition requests effectively and efficiently
- Ensure construction contracts comply with school facilities policy
- Publish an annual bid schedule
- Ensure an open, equitable and competitive bidding process which involves the active solicitation of minority businesses.
Robert Bruce, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPB
Director of Procurement and Materials Management
Robert Gill, CPPO, CPPB
Kristal Burgess, CPPB, CMPO
Afua Tisdale, CPPB
Administrative Secretary II
Policy and Regulations
The Howard County Public School System operates in compliance with the Public School Laws of Maryland, COMAR § 5-112, and in accordance with regulations developed by the Superintendent, Policy 4050, to ensure that the funds provided to the Board of Education for materials, supplies, equipment, and services are expended and handled most effectively and prudently.
The Board requires competitive bidding except when it is not practical to obtain competitive bids or when the need for certain supplies, equipment, materials, or service is of an emergency nature, then those purchases may be made without competitive bidding with the approval of the Board as appropriate.